Friday, December 27, 2013

How was your Christmas?

Hello everyone!

How was your Christmas? Did you get any good presents?

This year, our Christmas was smaller than usual, but it was still great. I have more than enough stuff, so our family decided we would have limited present exchange within our immediate household. However, my coolest gift was given to me by my sister:


So this isn't very bookish, I know. But I have two halves to my life - one literary, and one scientific. So this is satisfying the scientific part. :-)
The actual picture on the mug is from a fantastic webcomic (not for the faint of mind) called xkcd. Not very bookish - rather math and science related - but very cool nonetheless. 

Anyway, back to books. Here two books that I gave this Christmas to some family/friend children.

The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren



This book is a sequel to Happy Times in Noisy Village, which we gave as a gift last year to my neighbor (who is 5 years old) and my cousin's daughter (who is 4, I think). This year we gave them both a copy of Children so they can read even more of the kids' adorable adventures.

The Five Children and It by E. Nesbit (illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky)



Any E. Nesbit is beautiful, but Five Children and It is really my favorite. And each of the Zelinsky illustrations is truly a work of art.

This book came in the mail today - so someone's getting a late Christmas present. Whoops.

Also, we ordered two copies of it, so that we could have one. And then when I have kids, I'll have it for them. I can't wait to have kids so I can read all these great books to them! :)

By the way, if you're interested in seeing more books I recommend for kids, here's a Top Ten Tuesday post I wrote last month. Five Children and It is on the list!

~Sophia

What books did you get for Christmas? Did you give any, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)