Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween! Let's Play Some Literary Dress-Up

It's Halloween!







A Reaction GIF For Everything Halloween
Because tap dancing skeletons are aweseome


Sadly, it is extremely and unseasonably cold around Chicago, so I'm afraid we won't get many trick or treaters. :-(
I'm not really dressing up myself, but my sister and I decided to scrounge around our closets and basement and put together some costumes - literary ones!
(Thank you so much to my sister for joining me in my crazy ideas. We literally changed costumes every ten minutes. SO MUCH FUN!)

Of course, we start off with my beloved Narnia!

Susan Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia

Displaying image.jpeg     

The White Witch Jadis from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

     

Maid Marian from The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

     

Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins

      

The gypsy Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

     

A circus performer from The Night Circus

      

Jordan Baker from The Great Gatsby

     

Medusa from Greek Mythology

      

 Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games

 Displaying image.jpeg   




Which one is your favorite?
Do you "do" Halloween? What was your costume this year?

~Sophia 


7 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! :) Can I join you for Halloween next year? ha-ha

    Even though all are wonderful, I personally enjoy the Jadis/White Witch one. That's a perfect expression. Plus, Narnia! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COME JOIN ME. That would be awesome. I think we should have a huge Halloween party for all book bloggers around the world where we all HAVE to dress up as book characters. Sadly, teleportation devices or a lot of money would be needed. :-(

      Haha thank you! I really like that one too.

      Delete
  2. I actually dressed up several times as Princess Leia from Star Wars, but I didn't really do anything this year at Halloween. Just sat around at home and sometimes opened the door for the little kids that wanted sweets... but that already a month ago I realize...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww but little kids in their costumes are just adorable! Unfortunately it was super cold and snowy this year (!!!) so we didn't have as many as usual.

      Delete
    2. Cold! Snow! I'm only dreaming of snow... It's December and we still didn't have snow the whole year.
      Yes, the little kids are sweet, especially in the pumpkin costumes. My friend always says how annoying she thinks they are, but I like opening the door :-)

      Delete
    3. Yup. It's freezing here in the Windy City. But then again, we had our extremely hot days of summer. Chicago is so fickle when it comes to the weather - we get crazy variety!

      Delete
    4. Hmm, then there must be something true about that Gulfstream thing... I must spend a Winter in Canada one day!

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)