Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Want To Start


http://www.brokeandbookish.com/ 
As always, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
(Covers link to Goodreads)

Today's topic is: Top Ten new series I want to start but haven't yet. Within the last year or two. (We will most certainly be stretching that last rule to mean last decade or so. Yeah.)

....This might not reach ten. Just warning you.

1. Throne of Glass series by S. J. Maas


7896527 

2. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner (this counts as new, right? As in - the author's not dead yet?)

6186357

3. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater (again, 2009 is NEW for us classics readers. Deal with it.)


6068551 

4. The Paper Magician Trilogy by Charlie N. Holmberg (how's that for NEW, huh? Book #1 was published Sep. 1 2014. See, I can follow rules if I feel like it.)



20727654 

5. The Fairyland series by Catherynne M Valente
9591398 

6. The Worldwalker Trilogy by Josephine Angelini (New new new - September 2nd 2014! Look how good I am at following rules!)

20613491 

7. The Dregs series by Leigh Bardugo (HA look it's so new it isn't even out yet. It doesn't even have a cover! I think I win the newness game. Which I think I was the only one playing. Oh well.) 
22294935 

8. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare... or should I start with The Infernal Devices? I have no experience with Cassandra Clare. Tell me.
 256683

Okay, that's all I have for now. (Told you there wouldn't be ten.)

What series are you thinking of starting? And they can be as old or new as you like - no restrictions in MY comment section! 

~Sophia 

8 comments:

  1. I also have Throne of Glass on my list. I'd forgotten the Catherine Valente ones, I've heard a lot of good things about them, too.
    Here's my TTT: click
    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem really interesting, don't they? Whimsical, wonderful, and just a bit sinister.

      Delete
  2. Nice picks! I recently read Trial by Fire and I really enjoyed it. Throne of Glass has quickly become one of my all time favourite series, it gets better with every book. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I'm so glad you liked Trial by Fire, because I did read one rather disheartening review earlier on. But since then I've only hear positive reviews so I'm getting more and more excited to read it!

      Delete
  3. I forgot about The maze runner. I want to read that too. Thanks for reminding me. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Always glad to be of assistance :-)

      Delete
  4. I want to read The Paper Magician just because COVER. (Yes. Here I go again with the insane cover love.) But it really is just so so so oooo gorgeous. *ahem* Also THRONE OF GLASS. LIKE WHY HAVEN'T YOU READ IT YET? COME ON NOW, SOPHIE. DO I NOT SHOUT ABOUT IT ENOUGH? ;-)
    The Maze Runner and City of Bones are also series I flail about weirdly. But then I do everything weirdly so we're not really surprised are we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THAT COVER. So much love.

      I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry! BUT THERE ARE JUST SO MANY BOOKS TO READ. It makes me so frustrated in a happy kind of way.
      (I promise I will get to it eventually! And soon!)

      Also. *whispers sinisterly* Don't call me Sophie if you want to be friends.

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)