Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Latest Library Trip Results



Today I stopped by at the library to quickly pick up The Dream Thieves. 
Guess what I came home with?

Displaying photo.JPG

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cress by Marissa Meyer

Yeah, a lot more than I planned. And - they're all coming in twos! That's a coincidence.
Note that these books are all YA - and not just YA, but super popular YA.
This is odd for me. Very.
I also dislike that my library is calling the YA section the "teen" section. Young adult has such a better connotation that "teen."
But oh well. My library is awesome otherwise - they just did a really great renovation and it is so beautiful! There are quotes on the walls and self check out and the front door is actually a door and not just a "fire door" that will alarm if you try to go out that way.

I suppose I should talk about other books and things that I got recently. One is this book, which I got for my graduation:

Displaying photo.JPG

It's from my aunt and uncle (and little cousin too, I suppose). My aunt is Hawaiian, and my cousin is named after St. Damien of Molokai, so this was a fitting gift. :-)

A second graduation gift I got from Samantha (remember her?). But it's not a book. It's this beauty:

Embedded image permalink

She actually got to see Maggie Stiefvater in person (!!!) and was kind enough to get me the book cover! Next step - actually purchase and read the book.

Any exciting books you've acquired recently? Let me know!

~Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)