Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Bible Project: Week 11 (Joshua)






Joshua is rather a different leader from Moses.

Moses was the orator. He gave the Israelites the motivation they needed to make the long journey all the way from Egypt. He gave them hope. He gave them something to strive for. Moses was the planner, the preparer.

Joshua takes it one step farther. He becomes the war leader, the one who actually conquers all the land God promised to the Israelites. Joshua is the doer - he is present for the fulfillment of God's promise.

That's my little bit for today! :-) I'm off to get ready for our final performance of Pride and Prejudice! 

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)