Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Bible Project: Week 10 (Deut 17-34)


(Chapters 17-34)

And so we end the Pentateuch. The basis of the Jewish religion, and the history of the Israelite people.
It was an interesting mix of story and law, and though there were some boring parts I rather skimmed over, most of it was pretty interesting.

So Moses, possibly the greatest prophet in the Bible, is dead. And he died without reaching the promised land - he only got a glimpse - and without knowing with certainty whether the Israelites would follow all he had taught them (through God).
"Why, even now, while I am alive among you, you have been rebels against the Lord! How much more, then, after I am dead!" (Deut 31:27)
But ultimately, I think he dies knowing that everything is in God's hands. He and God are quite a pair of buddies.
Since then no prophet has arisen in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face. (Deut 34:10)
 The leadership gets handed on to Joshua - he has a whole lot of responsibility on his shoulders now.

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)