Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Bucket List
As always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Today's topic is Top Ten Things on My Bookish/Blogging Bucket List. (Some of these are more like resolutions, rather than bucket list to-dos. Oh well.)
1. Get a Twitter account for my blog. This will happen soon, don't worry!
2. Read all the Harry Potter books in one grand marathon! ...planned for this summer...
3. Give more books as gifts. I don't know why I don't give more literary gifts - this goes against my inner being.
4. Actually MAKE a TBR list. As of right now, it is only a jumbled list in my head. Not good! I need to sit down and write out a complete list, to make choosing my next book easier!
5. Make a Recommendation list - a list of my absolute favorite books, with bullet points about why. Then, if someone needs a good recommendation, I can look over my list, and think about which book would be right for them.
6. Have my own library. Right now, I share bookshelves with the rest of my family. They are not very organized, and have lots of textbooks that aren't being used anymore. When I get my own house, I'm going to devote one room to huge oak bookshelves...
7. Meet an author! I have never met an author of a book that I have read. This is probably due to the fact that I read mostly classics and am only recently branching out into more contemporary areas of literature. But now that I am reading more books written in the last couple years, there is a higher possibility of my actually meeting the author.
8. Publish a book. aka, become an author myself... :-P
Well, I suppose I AM an author already - just an unpublished one. So become a professional author, would be a better way of putting it.
9. Go to the library and get ALL THE BOOKS that happen to catch my eye or my fancy. ALL OF THEM. And then READ THEM ALL one after the other.
And, last but not least...
10. Read all the books on my Classics Club list. Which will hopefully happen somewhere within the next four and a half years.