Friday, August 16, 2013

Fabulous Findings

My train station has a little shelf where the public library puts all the books it doesn't need anymore. Usually they're just romance novels, but sometimes a classic pops up - hopefully because the library got new ones, not because it doesn't want classics anymore. :-)

Look what I found there:


I'm so excited!!! I got the complete Anne collection on my Kindle, but it didn't have two of the books for some reason. Windy Poplars was one of the ones missing. 
(Also, my Kindle is dead now, but that's another story.)

So now I can continue reading about Anne! I love Anne so much. (If you want to see my favorite quotes from the first three books, click here.)

You may notice it is sadly missing the front cover. :-(


The covers of the books on the little train station shelf are sometimes ripped off so that people know that they don't belong to the library anymore and are free.

(... except for the romance novels. These usually have their cover still intact. Covers of shirtless men passionately embracing scantily dressed women... and the cover of dear little innocent Anne was torn off. Tut tut.)

Anyway, I'm enthusiastically making my way through Windy Poplars. I might write about it once I'm done.

If you've read the Anne books, which one is your favorite? Why?
(And are the movies worth watching?)

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)