Thursday, August 29, 2013

Challenge Day 12: Blogger Fatigue

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

How do you fight blogger fatigue?

So my blogger fatigue generally results from a lack of ideas. I am terrible at thinking up ideas for posts.

And how do I come up with ideas?

With challenges like this one. Woot!

Otherwise, if I know I haven't posted for a while, and really am putting it off, I stash the note "Think about the next blog post" in my mind under "Things to think about before I go to sleep." I can't help thinking about random things before falling asleep (which usually means I lie in bed for an hour - or more sometimes - before drifting off), and I might as well think about something productive like blogging. I usually come up with a slight spark of an idea, and then sleeping on it helps evolve it.

When I don't post for a while, I am very quick to feel profound guilt and consider myself a terrible blogger if I don't post something in the next day or so. Because this blog is relatively new, I am trying to be on my super best behavior regarding prompt posting. I generally try to post once a week at least.
(Except for this crazy daily challenge thing. This has been weird and intense.)

As for the kind of blogger fatigue where I just don't feel like writing AT ALL, I really don't know how to fight it. Generally, when I don't want to blog, I want to write something else, like a novel, and so I do that until I'm back in blogging mode. Change of pace.

Anyway, that's the little bit I have for you today. See you tomorrow (with a more interesting post)!

~Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)