Today's Day 8, so now I'm all caught up. Woot!
Talk about your blogging quirks
Aha... my blogging quirks...
Well, don't think I've been a blogger for long enough to develop serious quirks.
So I'm going to hand it to you, my dear readers!
What are my blogging quirks? Don't be afraid to be honest. Seriously.
Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
- Not too much sarcasm and snarkiness.
- Lots of pictures.
- Organization - a good archive - neat sidebars with organized buttons. - easy to find things - search bar - clean layout.
- A readable font for posts. No crazy cursive stuff! No weird colors that inhibit readability!
- Please, please, please spellcheck! And check your grammar, too! Improper English turns me off from a blog like nothing else.
- A few personal stories outside of whatever topic they're blogging about.
- Friendly - sincerely tries to get to know their readers.
- Posts at least once a week.
- Doesn't take themselves or their writing too seriously.
- Joyful, or at least optimistic.
- Posts a few paragraphs long or less, if there is a lack of pictures.
- No songs or music - or any sort of noise for that matter.
- Lots of comments - an active discussion.
- When they blog about something I like and have similar opinions to mine.
- An "About me" page. I love finding out more about the blogger, and seeing if they're "my kind of person."
Ok, that was harder than I thought. :-)
Give it a try!