Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters at my Lunch Table


As always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table (like at school).
I've never sat at a lunch table at school. I, as a lucky homeschooler, would eat lunch outside on the porch (on nice days), and inside at the kitchen counter during colder weather. My company would usually be my sister and possibly my parents, but some of the time it would be just me with my book. 

But. If I did go to some wonderful school in Bookworld (a school for all ages, of course), who would be sitting at my table? 
This list is a mixture of book characters who probably would actually be my friends given our respective personalities, as well as characters whom I would like to have as friends, but are probably way too cool to sit at my table. :-)

(A while ago, I did a TTT about characters whom I would LOVE to have as friends. This is slightly different, somehow in my mind. But it definitely overlaps.)

1. Elinor Dashwoofrom Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
Elinor is the one Austen heroine I most relate to. I would love to have her as a friend.

2. Thursday Next from The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.
Such a cool, bookish lady! I love her so much.

3. Charles Bingley from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Party time!

4. Prince Nicolai from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.
So this is obviously one of those characters that would totally not be sitting at my table because he's just way too cool. He'd also probably be surrounded by a gaggle of girls. But still.
He and Bingley would make certain that there never was a dull moment! Oh, we'd have such fun together!

5. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. 
I utterly ADORE her. We would be SUCH friends.

6. Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.
Booknerds ftw! Actually I'm noticing a couple book nerds on this list... :-)

7. Blue from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.
And Gansey would totally be welcome to sit with us too. Oh and Noah of course. (Love that kid.) And Adam. And now that everyone else is at the table, Ronan would probably not be too far behind.
Ronan would be at my table because everyone else is. But as much as I like him as a character, I really can't see him being my actual friend. Not very many people other than Gansey can, I think.

8. Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
Out of all the awesome characters from the Lunar Chronicles, I think Cinder would be the most likely to find her way to my friend group. She's quiet, practical, and sensible enough that I think we would get along marvelously.
(And if Iko cares to hang out with us, she's totally welcome. I have a feeling she might fall in love with Nicolai!)

9. Melanie from Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
Oh, Melanie. How honored I would be to have her as my friend.

10. Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. 
Lucy is such a decent, kind person, with a sweet, sweet heart. I have a feeling she and Melanie would get along marvelously!

What about you? Who would be sitting at your lunch table?

~Sophia


7 comments:

  1. Amazing choices! I never thought of Lucy but she would be such a sweet friend to have. Bingley is a great choice too! If there is ever an awkward moment he would be great at covering it up. I love Elinor but unfortunately for me she is not the Austen character I relate with most (which means that I have some character qualities to work on). ;)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-book-characters-that-would-be.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I ask which Austen heroine you feel most similar to? I'd love to know!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this list! I think this is the fourth list I've seen that mentions the boys from the Raven Cycle...clearly, I need to go read those. But I love every single one of the rest of your picks. So glad to have found your blog! Will be following! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! *happy dance* The more the merrier!

      Oh and the Raven Cycle made it to my list of Best Books This Year - DEFINITELY go and read them!

      Delete
  3. Great choices. Some of my favorite characters made your list. I wished I was cool enough to sit with Blue.
    My top 10 list. ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid a good many of the characters on my list are probably too cool to sit at my table. Oh well. :/

      Delete
  4. Lucy! I love her so much :D And of course Hermione would be at my table too; I can't believe I forgot her on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)