Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happy Birthday, Leo Tolstoy!

Today Leo Tolstoy celebrates his 186th birthday! How exciting!



The only work of his that I've read is War and Peace - but goodness, it was excellent. Tough, long, and full of philosophizing, but excellent. 

(Note: most classic Russian authors write books that are tough, long, and full of philosophizing.)

Tolstoy is such a genius. The way he creates his characters and weaves them through his story makes reading his work a memorable and affecting experience. I need to read more of his work, and I probably should reread War and Peace. It's been a while. :)

So. If you feel like reading my post on War and Peace, you can. Also, check out today's cool Google doodle in honor of Tolstoy. It's gorgeous!

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)