Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater // Not Much of a Post


Summary


Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. 

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. 

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...









(Read my post on The Raven Boys.)

I have tried, and tried, and TRIED to write a post on The Dream Thieves. This is all I could write:
You may remember that in my post on The Raven Boys, I wrote how much I LOVED that there were five main characters, and how distinctly they were each characterized. Well, The Dream Thieves shows what that sort of potential can lead to. I'd say Raven Boys was more about Blue and Gansey and Adam, and Ronan was just a confusing friend. But NOW - The Dream Thieves gives us Ronan in all his amazing, troubled, strange glory, and I love it.

I couldn't think of how to continue. I wrote and deleted and walked away and came back and tried again. And finally I came to the conclusion that it is one of those books that demands to be left un-analyzed, un-pondered, and un-probed. So I am going to leave it in my head in all its glory, and not box it into the structure of a written post. Because it demands to be left un-boxed.

In related news, October and Blue Lily, Lily Blue cannot come soon enough!

Let me know your thoughts on The Dream Thieves and on the series as a whole in the comments - remember to warn spoilers!

~Sophia



2 comments:

  1. I agree. It is so hard to discribe these books. I LOVED the character development in the Dream Theaves though! The Raven Boys was amazing, but The Dream Theaves may be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It just had more and more magical fantasy awesomeness! I love the way it kept building.

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)