I don't really read that much horror, so I'm going to do a past Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd save if my house was abducted by aliens. (Feb 2012)
1. The Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I got this for Christmas a few years ago, and it is one of my most prized posessions.
2. The Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.
3. The Complete Works of Shakespeare.
4. My Kindle. That has all my Jane Austen books on it!
5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
6. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
7. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
8. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. This was one of my favorite books as a child. My favorite line: "Goodnight, nobody. Goodnight, mush." :-) And it was so fun to find the mouse creeping around in practically every picture.
9. The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne. Another favorite childhood book. It was the book my dad was reading to me when he discovered that I was reading along with him! I was three years old.
10. All my notebooks of stories that I've written since I was eight years old. They're just so adorable and plot-less. :-)
And as a bonus, here are two creepy covers that I could think of. The books aren't necessarily creepy, however.
1. That Hideous Strength by C.S.Lewis
Yeah. Green heads with brains spilling out. Sounds about right.
2. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Those yellow eyes just creep me out.