Thursday, October 31, 2013

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow! :-O

For those of you who don't know what that is, National Novel Writing Month is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the 30 days of the month of November. See more info here: nanowrimo.org
I won last year (!!!) and it was lots of fun, so I highly recommend that you try it!

However, that means that during November, I will be writing the following:

1. This blog

2. My NaNovel.

3. Numerous college application essays (I wrote my Common App essay on reading and books, of course!)

4. English class assignments

So..... we'll see how this goes. :-/

I will still be continuing with my Jane Austen Marathon - as you can see from the What I'm Reading, I'm currently on Pride and Prejudice. This is taking longer than expected - I read the five better known books a few summers ago, and I remember them being way shorter... Maybe I just had more time on my hands.

Back to NaNo - if you are doing it (which you should be), you are welcome to become my writing buddy! In the NaNoverse, I'm known as Philomena. Join me in the awesome craziness! Become my writing buddy and send me a NaNoMail to the effect of "I read your blog! Let's write together!" so I know who you are.

I'm having a moment of questioning right before NaNo starts - I thought I was going to write the novel that is currently on my user profile over at nanowrimo.com, but I suddenly had a bit of random inspiration, and am now considering changing my novel to something completely, utterly different. Not a good thought to have on the night before November 1st!

**Deep breath**
So here we go!

Oh, and Happy Halloween, of course!

~Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)