Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Whom I Would Love to Have as Friends
Hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
For today's topic, we get to fill in the blank: Characters Who ____.
So I picked those ten whom I would LOVE to have as my friends.
1. Winnie the Pooh. He was literally the first to come to mind. Always ready to write a hum for you, help you out, or even share a nice chat over a little something at that time of day. I'd say that's perfect. And the fact that he provides sweet wisdom unknowingly is even better.
2. Thursday Next. (From The Eyre Affair, etc. by Jasper Fforde.) Maybe she'd take me on a visit to Bookworld with her. Now THAT would be the experience of a lifetime.
3. Merry Brandybuck and
4. Pippin Took. These fellas are awesome. 'Nuff said.
5. Anne Shirley. (From Anne of Green Gables). Romantic, yet sensible. Whimsical, yet grounded. A dreamer, yet practical. A devoted student at school - and an enthusiastic student of life.
6. Charles Bingley. (From Pride and Prejudice.) He's a bit too easily influenced to make my list of literary crushes, but he's a cheery guy to have around. And we'd have SO MANY PARTIES. :-)
7. Lucy Pevensie. (From The Chronicles of Narnia.) She's so sweet and kind, and has such an innocent heart, even grown up. Lucy's just a decent person.
8. Hermione Granger. Who wouldn't want to have her as a friend? Yay for nerds! :-)
9. The Abbe (Monsieur Bienvenu) (From Les Miserables) Such a decent fellow. He's the personification of kindness, and he can be funny, too.
10. Sherlock Holmes. Such awesome adventures! Well, on second thought - uhh, I could get killed hanging out with that guy. Watson is both lucky and unlucky.
What about you?