Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Bible Project: Week 14 (1Sam 13-31)



(Chapters 13-31)

"He was ruddy, a youth handsome to behold
and making a splendid appearance." (1Sam 16:12)

Yay David! I love David. :-)
I'm not quite sure why, but I think he's rather cool. Maybe it's his friendship with Jonathan (I love Jonathan too...). They have such a close relationship - so close that Jonathan is willing to disobey his father and support his best friend instead.

Saul, on the other hand, is having some big troubles in his life. He keeps regretting that he went against David, because he knows that God is on David's side, but his jealousy keeps getting the better of him and he just can't stand that the people say that David killed ten thousands, and that he, Saul, only killed thousands. He's the KING. No one kills more Philistines than the KING.
Poor guy. Power definitely corrupted him.

I know this is backtracking a bit, but Goliath is... not a giant! He's just (just) six and a half feet tall - that's only two inches taller than my father. Those children's Bibles portray him as some sort of monster, but he's just a really tall human.

That's all for now... 2 Samuel next week!

And I AM planning to do something for National Poetry Month, which is this month. I actually have a good many posts in mind. Will I get around to writing them all.... well, that IS the question, isn't it? :-)

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)