Here are the rules, for those of you not familiar with it.
1. I pick out 20 books from my Classics Club list and number them 1-20
2. The Classics Club announces a number on Monday, August 11th.
3. I read the book that I assigned to that number by October 6th!
Again, I'm going to reuse the list from my last spin, and replace the one book I've read since. (Wow, great progress - not!)
So here's the list:
1. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
3. Joan of Arc by Mark Twain
4. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
5. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
I Can't Wait to Read:
6. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
7. 1984 by George Orwell
8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
9. Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand
10. The Sea Wolf by Jack London
11. Ben Hur by Lew Wallace (I started this one a few years back and only got a few chapters in.)
12. The White Company by A. Conan Doyle (Can you believe I've started this one twice and haven't finished it yet?)
13. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (Well, this is both dreaded and anticipated. I'm both excited yet a little intimidated by the size...)
14. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
15. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
I'm Neutral About:
16. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
17. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
18. The Man Who would be King by Rudyard Kipling
19. An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
20. The Making of a Marchioness by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Good luck to all participating!