So, here are the five questions that Robyn has asked me, and my corresponding answers:
1.What is your earliest memory?
The most specific one is probably when I was about two-and-a-half years old and we just bought our new grey van. It was evening - quite dark - and I was already in my PJ's. My parents announced to me that we had a new car, and so I rushed into my parents' room (which looked out over the street) and peered out of the window.
OMG we have a VAN! WOW!
For some reason I also remember my sister toddling next to me, but that would make no sense, since she had only just been born, or was a couple months old.
By the way, we still have that van. The AC is crap and the drivers-side window won't open and it smells like years of sweaty kids and spilled food, but it still takes me places!
2. What’s your favorite color?
I really don't have a specific favorite color. I enjoy green, as well as orange, but a shady sort of purple is also pleasing, as is a calming sort of blue.
I would like to point out that my first ever favorite color as a kid was yellow, which I've discovered not an oft-named favorite. I am proud of my unique childhood.
|My special book|
3. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
Ugh this one is hard hard hard.
I'm going to go with:
My aunt and uncle got me the Complete Chronicles of Narnia with all the original illustrations by Pauline Baynes for Christmas a bunch of years ago. There it is:
4. Who is your current (living) favorite author?
Aw, you had to make it hard and put in that parenthetical, didn't you.
I'm going to have to say Maggie Stiefvater. I've only been a fan for a few months or so, but I am entirely in love.
5. Whatcha readin’ now?
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.
Now then, my questions for the Nominees:
1. Do you buy books from a bookstore, or borrow from a library more often? Why?
2. If you could have one fictional character as your best friend, who would it be?
3. Have you ever written a letter to an author - and actually sent it? (If so - did you get a reply?)(Note: I have done none of these things. Bad me.)
4. What is your favorite reading place?
5. If you could pick one kitchen utensil that describes you, what would it be and why?
And my nominees are:
Skylar Finn @ Life of a Random
Sky @ Further Up and Further In
Meg @ Adrift on Vulcan
That's it for this one, I think!
BUT: if you like my questions and I didn't nominate you, feel free to nominate yourself and grab the award. Just link back to me, please - and link me your post in the comments so I can read it!