Continuing on with my Beautiful People barrage of posts...
And with my VeniceNovel inundation!
Today, I'm going to introduce you to a character who showed up briefly in one of the first Beautiful People posts: Angelina Caro, Zaneta's best friend.
1. What's their favorite ice cream flavor?
Anything fruity! Though she prefers sorbets.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
Since it's a night out, I can't say that she's preparing for a party at her own house, which is a very common occurrence in her life. But she also goes out to many parties of her friends, so I'm guessing that's what she's doing for this question. She is on the border of upper-middle-class and lower-class-nobility, so she still gets invited to many of the posh parties. She and her brother are going together to this one - it's being hosted by one of his business partners. Angelina is hoping that many of her beaus will be there, but even if they're not, she's confident in her ability to make some new ones. She's very resourceful like that. :-)
Angelina is wearing a pink gown with lace all over, and pearls. It's not new-new, but it's only a second wearing so it'll have to do. See? She is resourceful.
3. Look at your character's feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable, and what do they consider agony?
For daily wear, Angelina has a few pairs of nice little black lace-up boots, sturdy enough for the Venetian cobblestones, but adorable enough to be enticing when she lifts up her skirts climbing stairs. For parties, her shoes are more colorful dancing shoes, depending on the style of her dress.
Angelina will suffer for beauty without a peep. Agony would be having to wear ugly shoes.
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
Though Angelina got some bruises as a kid frolicking around the streets of Venice, there's nothing that lasted as a scar, and now she's old enough to know better than to get into those kinds of rough-and-tumble situations.
In terms of birthmarks, she does have a slight hint of freckle on her nose, which she is mortified by and does her best to hide.
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
Angelina loves dancing music, and will always get up and dance at the slightest suggestion. She's been to orchestral and choral performances, but usually spends most of the time making eyes at the cute guys in the audience next to her. Once she made the (very attractive) cellist blush by smiling at him, and found it a very entertaining game to see how flustered she could make him. Don't ask her how the music was at that concert - she won't remember.
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How's their singing voice?
Angelina sings decently, nothing to be ashamed of. She used to play the piano but not very well.
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
Some kind of romantic thing, with lots of elegant descriptions of trees and fields and castles.
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holiday)?
Parties! Dances! Howe else?
9. It's Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they're eating breakfast what's on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
Chatting with Zaneta while sitting by the Grand Canal, watching the gondolas.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
The judgment of others that she is just parties and flirting and pretty dresses. Well, she is parties and flirting and pretty dresses, but it's not the entirety of her, and people think it is.
What do you think of Angelina? And - important question - what's your favorite ice cream flavor? (Mine's chocolate anything.)