Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that Made Me Cry



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is Books That Made Me Cry.

1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. That ending - so bittersweet and beautiful! (Read my four posts on it here...One Two Three Four)
My tome...


2. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom



and

3. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. These are the only two of Albom's books that I have read, and I'm sensing a trend here. I'll have a box of tissues ready for the next time I get one of his books from the library!



4. The High King by Lloyd Alexander. Not really your regular tear-jerker... The High King is the final book of the Prydain Chronicles, and I read them when I was about 11. I was so sad that the series was over that I burst into tears and was moody for the rest of the evening. :-P



5. Bridge to Terabithia  by Katherine Patterson. I haven't seen the movie, though. It'll probably make me cry too...


6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. Well, I didn't really cry. I just sort of moped around and was so depressed I didn't want to read the next book (and then got sidetracked into other things and still haven't! Don't worry, I'll read it soon...). I also wrote a very long and passionate journal entry on the subject. :-)



Okay, I'm out of ideas. I don't really CRY cry when I read books, just produce a sort of sniffle at the end, and so it's hard to remember exactly which books this happened for. (Except for The High King - that was straight-out balling...)
So six is all you get. I cry more with movies - especially when a character in the movie is crying too.

What books made you cry? 

~Sophia

2 comments:

  1. So much yes to Harry Potter being a tear jerker. Ugh, thanks JKR. And Ablom, I should have remembered those books for this list! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that HP book is one of the only books I've ever read (if not the ONLY one) that actually made me depressed for a day. :-P

      Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)