Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm Baa-aack! :-)

Things that have happened over the past few weeks:

1. I wrote about ten scholarship essays and memorized five speeches. I didn't know I had it in me - but that's what preparation for college can bring out in a person...

2. I became a legal adult! Yup - my 18th birthday was on Wednesday. I still feel very much like a kid, though...

Well, those are the biggies :-)
Coming up soon are posts on:

  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (finally!)
  • Inspiration for writing short stories 
  • The Bible Project on Leviticus
  • Books that will make you swoon...
And something else that I forgot. Darn it - I should have written it down. Phooey.


I'm glad to be back!

~Sophia


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Sophia! And a very Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was a good one!

    Now do you have to just sit and wait for responses from the colleges you've applied to? I think in Canada it is much easier to get into a good university. Certain programs are hard to get into, but mostly you just apply and are accepted.

    Looking forward to you thoughtful posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good wishes!
      Yes, now all I do is sit back and see where it goes. I've actually gotten into a few universities already, I'm mostly just dealing with the scholarship/financial side of it now.

      And I'm looking forward to more of your wonderful comments! :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Sophia,

    To begin with, I hope you enjoyed your birthday, and I wish for you to have many, many more healthy and happy ones to come!

    I also wish for you the best of luck in obtaining a scholarship for whichever university you ultimately decide to go to!

    Take care Sophia!

    Sincerely, Howard

    P.S. Have you had your Kindle fixed yet, since I'm anxious for you to get my book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind wishes! :-)

      And unfortunately I have not had time to get my kindle fixed. If it ultimately is un-fixable, I will definitely read your book through the computer!

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)