Saturday, January 3, 2015

December // The Month of Catch-Up







Well. December was interesting. It made me feel sort of lazy.



This month finals happened, which were tough. And stressful. But overall successful, and that's what matters, right?

This month, Christmas happened. Christmas this year was different, because it was our first time celebrating a traditional Ukrainian Christmas with gluten-free, lactose-free, and sugar-free family members. Ukraine is the "Bread Basket of Europe" - and Ukrainians like their bread and cheese and sugar. But my sister did some culinary magic and Christmas was a success.

Over break, I also tried to catch up on my blog reading and commenting. It worked for a day and then I got all lazy - shame on me! I really feel like I didn't do much this break. I didn't read much, I didn't blog much, I didn't comment much, I didn't write much. Ugh.

Hey, I've still got a week or two of break! I WILL become motivated. I WILL.



Only library books this time. And I've only read one of them. In fact, I'm STILL reading it. In the time that I've read Once and Future King, my sister has rad Jackaby and Trial By Fire. And not only did she start later than I, she is also taking classes over winter break AND reads slower. Harumph.



Writing Wish List (and BUNNIES!) 
Because who doesn't love bunny gifs?

Top Ten Tuesday: Looking Forward to 2015
So many exciting books coming out next year!

Oh, and if you want a whole 2014 recap post (not just December), I WROTE ONE. It was fun.

How was your December and your holidays?

~Sophia

P.S. This post is linked up at Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews! Go check out that awesome meme!

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to do my recap for December, I have so much reading to do! I'm joking actually, I've read all my books. I'm now catching up on a TV show, Once Upon a Time (I've missed a lot). And just so you know, I adored the bunny post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my bunnies :-)

      Oooh, I've yet to watch Once Upon a Time! But it's on my list, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, Trial by Fire! I really liked that one! Four was good too. One can never have too much Tobias! Hahaha. I still need to read the Raven Boys, and I heard that Jackaby is good. Happy reading! :)
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too much Tobias. Never.

      OF COURSE you must read the Raven Boys. GO NOW. :-)

      Delete
  3. My Christmas was awesome, and it sounds like you also had an amazing Christmas. Ooh, you celebrated a Ukranian Christmas? Are you also going to celebrate the January 5th Ukranian Christmas? I don't, but some of my distant relatives do. Ugh. Finals seem horrible. I have midterms coming up, so I'm trying to get in as much enjoyable reading as I can before school starts again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't celebrate the Old Calendar Christmas, but we sang a Ukrainian carol to commemorate. It varies from year to year depending on family availability and our schedules.

      Good luck on midterms!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, enjoy your haul! I really liked Trial by Fire. Having not read the author's previous series I had no idea what to expect. But I enjoyed it. I've been meaning to read FOUR but for some reason haven't actually gotten around to it. Probably because of my humongous TBR pile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked Trial by Fire! My sister said it was a little slow in the beginning but picked up after a few chapters. I'm quite looking forward to it!

      My situation with Four is the same as yours. Darn that TBR. :-)

      Delete
  5. OKAY, WELL I TOTALLY APPROVE OF THAT GORGEOUS LITTLE BLUE LILY THERE. I ALSO ASSURE YOU IT'S AWESOME. Lazy you. ;-) Hehe. No I totally understand! I have been monstrously lazy lately. It took me 3 days to read a book where I usually read it in 1 or 2 days tops. *gasps and glares at self* And I have ZERO excuse. Except it's hot and I tend to melt in heat.
    Ooh, we did a grain free/ sugar free Christmas. That was interesting. Although we kind of cheated a bit and had some icecream because ice cream is HEAVENLY.
    I loved Trial By Fire! Except I always say trail, which makes it sound less witchy and more like a hellish pony ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen. If you look at my GR status, I've been reading Once and Future King for TWENTY SEVEN DAYS.
      I - I just don't understand. HOW.

      My mother just made grain-free sugar-free dairy-free donuts. Chocolate ones. They are magical.

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)