Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Nearly Ripe Books for 2016



You know I don't usually talk about upcoming releases, because I'm not always on top of that stuff (I'm a little behind in the book publication world). But this Tuesday I managed to scrabble together five books that I'm very excited to pluck off the shelves once they're ripe and ready later this year. This week's TTT topic is Anticipate Releases for the Rest of 2016 - and I'm doing only five because, like I said, I'm not too good at staying on top of things.

(Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate all the gorgeous cover art? OMG MY EYES. I made them all extra large sized for better ogling. And if you click them you'll end up on their GoodReads pages so you can add them to your TBR posthaste.)

1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
(Release Date: November 8th, 2016)
18584855

More magical Marissa Meyer retellings? This time with THE QUEEN OF HEARTS? Count me in. I'm so excited for this! SO EXCITED.

2. A Torch Against the Night by Saaba Tahir
(Release Date: August 30, 2016)
25558608

I absolutely adored An Ember in the Ashes, and think it ended on the AWFULLEST cliffhanger. Barely any conclusion! So of course I need book two ON THE DOUBLE.

3. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
(Release Date: September 27th 2016)
28145767

I did read Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, you just don't realize it because I binged them last year and was too lazy and absolutely overwhelmed to write a review. I ADORED THEM SO MUCH. And then the prologue for Strange the Dreamer was released and I suddenly realized how much better my life would be if that book was in my hands.

4. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
(Release Date: September  27th, 2016)
22299763

Yes yes, I know I haven't even read Six of Crows yet. But I loved the Grisha books so much, and I KNOW that I will love Six of Crows lots too, that I'm ALREADY excited for Crooked Kingdoms. It's allowed.

5. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
(Release Date: August 9th, 2016)
26114463

For some reason this book makes me think of Venice, or at least the intrigue and murder of Renaissance Italy. And I LOVE it. I don't know if that's intentional, and I suppose I will get a better idea of what time period / location the world is actually based on when I read the book, but when you get names like Mia Corvere and Senates and Republics and Red Churches and Blades of the Lady of Blessed Murder thrown around in the synopsis - I'm fascinated.

What are you excited for in 2016? Link me your TTTs in the comments and I will slither around and enlarge my TBR list! (Like it needs enlarging) 

10 comments:

  1. *Screams* I NEED ALL OF THESE BOOKS.

    I'm super pumped for Heartless. I will basically read ANYTHING Marissa Meyer writes at this point.
    An Ember in the Ashes left me devastated so I hope A Torch Against the Night is JUST AS AMAZING.
    I didn't even know Laini Taylor had another book coming, but I read the synopsis AND I NEED IT NOW.
    You. Need. To. Read. Six. Of. Crows. Right. Now. It's AMAZING. (In my opinion, I enjoyed it A LOT more than the Grisha. And I loved the Grisha.) CROOKED KINGDOM IS GOING TO BE FANTASTIC.
    T've never heard of the last one, but that cover looks GORGEOUS, so I'm adding it to my TBR pile.

    Basically you hit almost every book I'm dying to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent list! I want many of these myself. Nevernight has been around many people's lists this week, but I never heard of it until today. Now that I've read the synopsis, it's definitely getting added to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some of these on my list as well - so much to be excited about! Here is our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED ALL THESE BOOKS SO BADLY. I haven't read the Grisha trilogy or Six of Crows yet, but I'm planning too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also not good at keeping up with new releases but I could definitely make a list now after reading everybody's lists, lol! I am super excited about Heartless as well - I enjoyed the snippet that was included at the end of Stars Above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can no wait for The Crooked Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHHH yes!! Strange the Dreamer is going to be beautiful! I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *flails* Heartless! Strange the Dreamer (a book I didn't know existed until right now)(and I haven't read Dreams of Gods and Monsters) !A torch against the night (also didn't know existed and forgot an ember....'s cliffhanger)! Crooked Kingdom (yes, must finish other 2 Grisha books)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! Those books all have such gorgeous covers, especially Strange the Dreamer and Crooked Kingdom. I waaaant.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't say I'm actually excited for any of these, but I feel ... vicariously excited?? Because I've not read any Meyer, Taylor or Bardugo, but everyone ELSE loves Lunar, Daughter and Grisha so much, and has assured me I'll love them too, and I'm so desperate to read them, so I *feel* like I'm already a fan. Even though I'm ... not. I'm like a pre-emptive fan! Does that make sense????

    ReplyDelete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)