Thursday, September 5, 2013

Brace Yourselves...

Hullo folks!


Just thought I'd advertise that I'm finally starting Game of Thrones.


I've read the first couple chapters and am utterly loving it so far - it's totally epic fantasy, so how could I not love it? And, per a friend's suggestions, I am already making a names list, including even minor characters.



I can tell why people are so confused by it all... I'm already flipping to the back every so often just to check who's related to whom, and who is in which house. (There's a quick timeline of each family in the back of the book - thank you George R.R. Martin!)

Because this is such a long and heavy undertaking, I'm not going to be done with it for a while. It's not that I couldn't read it in a few days, but when you factor in the crazy number of characters and plot lines to keep track of, added to the fact that somehow my schoolwork seems to be getting harder and more plentiful (don't you just hate how it does that?), this book/series is going to take some time.

Therefore, there's going to be a wide variety on post topics for a while until I finish this book - random things that I pull out of my head, not necessarily reviews. For example, I think next I'll write about Sherlock (the BBC show) and how it compares to the books. We'll return to the Holmes theme that this blog started with.

Also, 2013 is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice, so I'll have a nice Theme Week coming as an homage to Jane Austen.

So you'll see a nice array of topics (and a rather profound lack of reviews) in the coming weeks. Probably a lot of Top Ten Lists, or lists of a different variety.

~Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)