Saturday, December 5, 2015

November // NaNo + Denmark



November seems to be the month when everything happens to stop me from blogging: NaNoWriMo, exams, preparing for finals in December. So that's why I was only able to blog twice in November. I also didn't read very many blogs, which is why I'm skipping the "What I Liked," and "What You Liked" parts of the recap this month.

BUT.
I WON NANO.
I DID THE THING.



I haven't finished the story yet, but it's coming along marvelously. I hope to finish it by the end of December, and then have it ready for edits in the New Year. Have I mentioned how much I FREAKING LOVE THIS NOVEL? It's my fave.

Now that NaNo's over, it's time for some BIG NEWS.


I am going to Denmark for four months!

If you've been following me on Twitter, you probably know already, but yes - I am going to be studying abroad in Copenhagen for the spring semester (January - May)! It's kind of freaky, but also overwhelmingly exciting. I know I'm going to miss my Chicago friends... but COPENHAGEN. EUROPE. BEAUTIFUL DANISH PEOPLE.

So what does this mean for Ravens and Writing Desks? 
First of all, I'm going to keep blogging while I'm in Denmark, for sure. No question. BUT, I'm going to be blogging much less (ha, much less than two posts a month? Nice one, Sophia). So if you would like to write some guest posts for me in the coming five months, let me know! Comment below, or send me a twitter DM, and we'll coordinate stuff! 

Another thing: I'm going to be blogging my adventures! Not here, obviously - this blog is relegated to book stuff. But if you hop on over to Seeking Souls, you'll be able to follow my traipsings through Europe. Check it out! I'd take you all in my suitcase, but since I can't, taking you along virtually with a travel blog was the second best option.
 :-)


Winter by Marissa Meyer - I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. SOMEONE HOLD ME.
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - I rarely read graphic novels but this one looks lovely (and I've heard excellent things about it too)



(Photos link to their instagram versions.)

 

(Yes, I met Marissa Meyer. AGAIN. It was epic.)


How was your November, my lovely friends? Tell me in the comments! Did you do NaNoWriMo? If you won, congrats! If you didn't congrats! You wrote words, which is more than I can say for myself, most days. Have you read Winter yet? And - would you like to guest post for me? Please say yes. I will give you all the chocolate fudge. You will have a mountain of chocolate fudge. *puppy dog eyes*





3 comments:

  1. Omg Denmark!! YAYYY!!! THAT IS AMAZING. (And I didn't even know you had a tumblr *facepalm* So I shall follow that immediately.) And squeeeee and A MILLION PIECES OF CAKE for finishing off NaNo! *flings sprinkles in your hair*
    Also. I just started Winter!! Like literally just right now and the first chapters were so traumatic that I have taken a small break to blog. (Lol, just kidding, I started Winter without reviewing my previous book and I feel guilty so now I'm going to go catch up on reviews. :P)
    I can't wait to read about your Denmark adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Nano, good luck in Denver. I need to read Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)