Saturday, July 4, 2015

June // Chemistry + Renaissance Faire + Camp NaNo



Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans!

This post is late because I deleted it all by accident right before I was about to post it. Why do these things happen? Argh.

Anyway, I decided that I didn't like my previous monthly recap look, and so I changed it. Yay for fresh looks!



~My favorite book this month was probably A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, though If I Stay by Gayle Foreman was definitely a close second.

~I've decided I'm not going to do Camp NaNo this July because I need to work on the book of my heart, which is VeniceNovel. All my other WIPs, I realized, were more like intellectual puzzles - I didn't have them in my heart, just in my mind. So they were going nowhere at the moment. That's why I've decided to go back to VeniceNovel for the time being, because I know exactly what I want the reader to feel when they read it. And VeniceNovel needs some major rehauls that don't work well with NaNo's quantity-over-quality mentality. So, good luck campers! Maybe I'll join you in November.

~I'm going to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in August! My mom found discount tickets and so my sister and I (and possibly some friends) are heading out. I AM MAJORLY EXCITED. Going to the Ren Faire has literally been a dream of mine since I was an infant and knew such a thing existed. AND NOW IT'S HAPPENING. FINALLY. SO PSYCHED.

~Summer school is in full swing and I am doing lots and lots of organic chemistry lab experiments and writing lots and lots of long reports on them. I don't awfully mind it, but it's making me SUPER grateful that there is such a thing as summer classes and I don't have to take orgo lab with my regular courses this fall. And also I am so happy that my other summer school class is Spanish, which is a joke. The language program at my school is crap, which, though it isn't teaching me much, means it's really easy to get good grades in Spanish without any work.



Watership Down by Richard Adams (from the lovely free book shelf my library set up at our train station)
A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeline L'Engle (also from the train station book shelf)
Fairest by Marissa Meyer (from a Barnes and Noble trip with friends - I had a gift card and put it to good use! So exited to read this one)
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (library)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (library)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (library)




Click on the photos to go to their Instagram versions.

 
 




I only posted four times in June, so I don't think it's exactly fair to do a top three... so let's settle for two:

May // The Month of Adventure 
{Last month's recap was basically just pictures of my trip to London and Paris - how excitement!}

My Writing Strengths (and Weaknesses)
{No one's perfect. No, not even me. Shocker, I know.}




Brittany at the Book Addict's Guide posted the latest #OTSPSecretSister sign-up information! If you don't know what this is, you should go check it out. It's lovely and uplifiting and I hope I get to be a part of it!.

Cait at Paper Fury talked about why she always finishes books, and I basically agreed with every single thing she said.

Bennet at My Sky of Paper and Ink gave a pep talk on writing the first draft of a novel. I'm kind of crappy at finishing drafts so I always need this kind of motivation!


How was your month? Read any exciting books? Are you doing Camp NaNo? And if you are - tell me about your novel-project! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day! I'm not doing Camp NaNo either. Actually, I've never done NaNo, but I hope to someday! I hope you enjoy your books! I really enjoyed Fairest, and I'm looking forward to reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perhaps you'll join me in the NaNoings in November? :-)

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)