Sunday, June 7, 2015

May // The Month of Adventure


A little late, but oh well...


In May, school ended - WOOOO!

You know what also happened this month? My second blogoversary! And look how good of a blogger I am - I FORGOT IT. Wow. Go me. I promise next year we'll do something big. :-)

A week after my finals, my sister and I hopped on a plane to visit my aunt in London! We spent two weeks there (and a weekend in Paris) and had a ton of fun:





We found a secret marble door! (Not really...)

This is Victor Hugo's house. (!!!!)

...has anyone seen the movie Hugo?

We found a kingly role model.

cornish pasties <3

Another thing we did was take "reproduction" photos of the last time we were in London. (I was nine and Dionna was seven.)











I'd say 'twas a pretty awesome trip!





A small haul, but a nice one:

Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams - I confess, I haven't read the Hitchhiker books, but I know I should and I know I will love them! This book I got from my convenient train station book donation shelf, and I thought I'd keep it until I finally get around to reading the Hitchhiker books that came before :-)

Love Fortunes and other Disasters by Kimberly Kabalius - This is an ARC I got from Swoon Reads (thank you!) that I don't even remember requesting. Whoops. It looks super cute though!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - *squeals with delight* I won this one in a giveaway (thanks Kristina!) and it's SIGNED. I haven't read any of Sarah J. Maas's books but I'm excited to start!



Can't you tell I hate star ratings? I rated Jackaby a 4.25ish. 

When I was little I wanted to be a filmmaker just so I could make all the book-to-movie adaptations RIGHT.

When I was in London/Paris, my lovely sister made an appearance on my vlog! 


How was your May? If you're a student, are you done with school yet? How's the weather in your corner of the world - getting summery? (or wintery?)

~Sophia

5 comments:

  1. Sophia, you must not be able to see this post like us, but the images are not visible. Every once in a while when you post, this happens. I'm not sure how to show you how it looks but to suggest you log out of your blog, or out of whatever site is hosting your photos so you can see how they appear here on the blog. I hate to see you put the trouble in on a post & not realize it's mostly invisible. :) Also HOW INCREDIBLY AWESOME YOU WENT TO PARIS & LONDON!! And congrats on summer break. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I knew this was an issue, but I thought I had fixed it AGES ago. Darn.

      Anyway, I think it's better now. Let me know if anything else is off, and thanks for notifying me this time!

      Delete
    2. Now I can see them! I love the kingly role model one. :)

      Delete
  2. ohh HOW EXCITING. I love those recreation photos too. XD I think also, if given the chance, I'd love Cornish pastries. UM, YUM, THAT LOOKS GOOD. Also I have seen Hugo, so now I'm definitely jealous. XD How incredible you got to be in the Hugo-like clock! FAJDSKLAF AND ALSO PARIS I HAVE AN INSANE INFATUATION WITH PARIS. Anyway. Clearly this post is epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone would love Cornish pasties. They should be a universal thing.

      Delete

Book discussions make the world a better place! Write me a comment - I respond to each and every one, I promise. So check back!

(YES! I LOVE TAGS and I do them! So tag away! But no bloggerly awards, though, like the Liebster or the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. Thank you!)